Immerse yourself in a month long, residential ashram experience in nature for your 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification (YTTC). You will be able to live the yogic lifestyle while training to become a yoga teacher. To become an authentic yoga teacher, a deep understanding of the material as well as an embodied understanding is necessary. A holistic approach to oneself and lifestyle is important. By immersing oneself in the daily routine of an ashram-based routine, you will not only learn the theory but also have an opportunity to learn from the experience.
In this intensive course you will learn about the philosophy of yoga, its history and how this relates in today’s world, yoga theory, anatomy and physiology, yogic language, class sequencing, chakras and energy centres, the importance of the breath and specific breathing techniques, mindfulness and meditation, as well as many ancient tools for healing and alignment.
You will be a certified through the Yoga Teacher Fellowship (YTF), but you don’t have to do this course just to teach yoga. It is a transformational experience which will enrich your life, whether you intend to teach or not. The knowledge and teachings are here to benefit you as a human being and as a yogic practitioner. A Yoga Teacher Training is a life changing experience!
INCLUSIVE OF YOUR 24 DAY IMMERSION
• Full 200 hour Yoga Certification Programme (postures, breathing techniques, meditation training, teaching skills, sequencing, philosophy applications, Ayurveda, chakras, and more)
• In-depth, authentic teachings with yoga teacher, movement specialist and transformation facilitator Fran Siebrits (more about Fran: www.tuningin.co.za)
• Accommodation in sharing or private room, en-suite room
• All meals (vegetarian, locally sourced, as organic as possible, based on Ayurvedic principles), and lovingly prepared
• Ashram-based yogic lifestyle
• Leisurely use of the facilities and tranquil farm environment
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING – TEACHING MEHODOLOGY
Theory and practical learning throughout the residential training is accompanied by residential ashram-based yogic lifestyle. Participants are required to attend all sessions for the duration of the training.
Examination: Teaching assessment, practical yoga methodology assessment, written assignments, final exam.
Your accommodation will be held at a retreat farm in the Tulbagh Valley, nestled amongst the indigenous fynbos in which one can immerse in nature and the tranquility of the abundant fynbos and bird life. The simple but comfortable farm style accommodation combined with the beautiful studio space where the teacher training will take place as well as the vast open spaces creates the perfect nurturing environment where self-discovery, empowerment and deep healing can be explored.
All the meals will be and vegetarian. The principles of Ayuredic cooking will be followed. As much as possible, the food will be locally sourced, fresh and wholesome. The yogic diet will be followed throughout the retreat. You will be well nourished will clean food that follows a belief of non-violence (ahimsa) to the environment and living beings.
COURSE CONTENTS (theory and practical application)
• Asana / yoga postures
• Pranayama / breathing techniques
• Human Anatomy & Physiology (including an understanding of the health benefits of yoga techniques and the precautions/contraindications).
• Alignment principles and injury prevention in yoga postures
• Sequencing and class planning
• Teaching skills
• Sun Salutations – a dynamic series of Yoga poses to revitalize the body and mind
• Vinyasa krama
• Cleansing techniques
• Yoga nidra
• Special population groups
• Yogic philosophy
• Ashtanga yoga (8 limbs): Yama, Niyama, Asana, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyana, Samadhi
• Different Types of Yoga (Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Jnana Yoga, Raja Yoga).
• In-depth understanding of Hatha Yoga (history and origins, philosophy, asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha, cleansing techniques)
• Auyrveda – Introduction to Ayurveda, Ayurveda body types, Ayurveda diet
• Yogic lifestyle
06:00 am Wakeup Time
06.30 am to 06.45 am Mantra Chanting
06:45 am – 08:15 am Yoga Practice (Asana, Pranayama, Meditation)
08:30 am to 09:00 am Breakfast
09:30 am to 10:30 am Karma Yoga (Selfless Service)
10:30 am to 12:30 am Theory / Practical Session I
12:30 am to 01:00 pm Lunch
01:00 pm to 03:00 pm Resting Time / Self Study
03:00 pm to 04:30 pm Theory / Practical Session II
04:30 pm to 06:00 pm Yoga Practice (Asana, Pranayama, Meditation)
06:00 pm to 06:15 pm Mantra Chanting
06.30 pm to 07:00 pm Dinner
07:30 pm to 08:30 pm Sanskrit training / Meditation / Group Discussions / Question Answer sessions / Satsangs
09.30 pm Bed Time
Fran Siebrits is the course facilitator and main teacher, guiding your journey along the sacred transformational path of the ancient and modern yogi. About Fran: www.tuningin.co.za