WHY THE NEED FOR SELF SUSTAINABILITY?
As a way of life, movement has always been key to sustained health. Whether it's external or internal movement, our bodies and minds are continually aiming for homeostasis, for balance.
Movement is change: energy in action. Problems arise when there is stagnation. Many physical imbalances and numerous mental health issues occur from being too static and sedentary. For many people, office-jobs in particular result in severe lack of movement, postural misalignment, muscle and joint weakness, sleep disorders, stress, diseases, etc.
Sadly, our post-industrial culture is losing the ability to 'tune in' to the body’s innate rhythm which allows for a sustainable healthy lifestyle. Additionally, our convenience culture largely dictates an abusive relationship to our bodies. The need for personal self sustainability has become critical.
WORKSHOP / TRAINING PROGRAMME OVERVIEW
Participants will be provided with a learning environment conducive to exploring new theories and techniques, question old certainties, and discover new ways to align lifestyle with values.
• Exploring the concept of self sustainability
• Providing a framework for relationship to self on physical and mental levels, and how this relates to the others and natural world
• Understanding the context in the 21st century, and issues of disconnect, isolation, fragmentation, stress, non-sustainability
• Examining the importance of the relationship we have to ourselves, transformation and change
• Acquiring tools, knowledge and understanding relating to the body and mind to assist a responsible and sustainable self
• Drawing on theory, thought and practice from a number of topics including Anatomy, Philosophy, Yoga, Pilates, Dance, Breath-work, Martial Arts, Mindfulness, Dualism, Buddhism, Sustainability, Creativity and the Natural World
Each day will begin with a mild movement session to better understand the body and responsible movement (this is for all body types and levels of fitness). Other tools include breathing techniques, mindfulness skills, 'brain gym', posture and body awareness.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
This workshop is designed to educate and motivate participants of all stages of bodymind understanding. This transformational programme will assist in healthy relating, stress management, practical application of tools, and productivity in both work and overall life.
To attain self sustainability one needs to reach a balance on multiple levels, without depleting personal or shared energy. If you are looking to deepen your understanding of yourself and how this relates to the world around you, then this workshop is for you. You will leave empowered to make healthier sustainable choices, on a personal, as well as social, economical and environmental levels.
WE CAN BEST SERVE HUMANITY AND THE NATURAL WORLD ONLY WHEN WE HAVE TRULY SERVED OURSELVES.
Inquire with Fran Siebrits: firstname.lastname@example.org 0765356198