24 Day 200Hr Yoga Teacher Training in Nature **24 DAY INTENSIVE, ASHRAM-BASED LIVING IMMERSION**
- DATES: 18 Oct – 10 Nov
VENUE: Guinevere Guest Farm, Tulbagh (Western Cape, South Africa)
DURATION: 24 days intensive, residential training, ashram-based lifestyle
CONTACT: Fran Siebrits (yoga teacher, course facilitator and yogi trainer), 0765356198, email@example.com
Immerse yourself in a month long, residential ashram experience in nature for your 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification (YTTC). Situated at the beautiful Guinevere Guest Farm, you will be able to live the yogic lifestyle while training to become a yoga teacher. This teacher training will assist you in becoming an authentic yoga teacher, with a deep understanding of the theoretical as well as embodied aspects of yoga. By immersing yourself in the daily routine of an ashram-based lifestyle, you will not only learn the course material but also the holistic yogic experience.
In this intensive course you will learn about the philosophy of yoga, its history and how this relates in today’s world, yoga theory, anatomy and physiology, yogic language, class sequencing, chakras and energy centres, the importance of the breath and specific breathing techniques, mindfulness and meditation, as well as many ancient tools for healing and alignment.
COURSE CONTENTS (theory and practical application)
- Asana / yoga postures
- Pranayama / breathing techniques
- Human Anatomy & Physiology (including an understanding of the health benefits of yoga techniques and the precautions/contraindications).
- Alignment principles and injury prevention in yoga postures
- Sequencing and class planning
- Teaching skills
- Sun Salutations - a dynamic series of Yoga poses to revitalize the body and mind
- Vinyasa krama
- Cleansing techniques
- Yoga nidra
- Special population groups
- Yogic philosophy
- Ashtanga yoga (8 limbs): Yama, Niyama, Asana, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyana, Samadhi
- Different Types of Yoga (Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Jnana Yoga, Raja Yoga).
- In-depth understanding of Hatha Yoga (history and origins, philosophy, asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha, cleansing techniques)
- Auyrveda - Introduction to ayurveda, ayurveda body types, ayurveda diet
- Yogic lifestyle - see daily schedule below
INCLUSIVE OF YOUR 24 DAY IMMERSION
- Full 200 hour Yoga Certification Programme (postures, breathing techniques, meditation training, teaching skills, sequencing, philosophy applications, Ayurveda, chakras, and more)
- In-depth, authentic teachings with yoga teacher, movement specialist and transformation facilitator Fran Siebrits (click here more about Fran)
- Accommodation at Guinevere Guest Farm: www.guinevereguestfarm.com
- All meals (vegetarian, locally sourced, as organic as possible, based on Ayurvedic principles), lovingly prepared by in-house chef, owner, and yogi, Carly Esterhuizen
- Ashram-based yogic lifestyle
- Leisurely use of the guest house and tranquil farm environment
- Free pickup and dropoff from Cape Town central and Cape Town airport (day of training commencement and final day respectively)
Your accommodation will be held at Guinevere Guest Farm. The farm house is situated on 95ha of private land nestled amongst the indigenous fynbos, in which one can immerse in nature and the tranquility of the abundant fynbos and bird life. The simple but comfortable farm style accommodation combined with the beautiful studio space where the teacher training will take place as well as the vast open spaces creates the perfect nurturing environment where self-discovery, empowerment and deep healing can be explored. The monastery-style farm house has 9 en-suite bedrooms on the first floor along with a swimming pool and lounge area to relax and unwind in. The downstairs facilities include a large well-equipped kitchen for group catering, a cosy lounge and dining hall with fireplace for meal times. There is also free Wi-Fi access throughout the whole house.
The catering will be done by Carly, the in-house chef. She focuses on vibrant organic produce and all the meals will be vegan and vegetarian. Combining her various and varied skills, Carly brings a stylishly earthy insight into nature’s bounty, sharing her knowledge about herbalism, wild food foraging and farm-to-table cooking, making sure that the students are well nourished throughout their time here.
YOGIC LIFESTYLE DAILY SCHEDULE
|06:00 am||Wakeup Time|
|06.30 am to 06.45 am||Mantra Chanting|
|06:45 am - 08:15 am||Yoga Practice (Asana, Pranayama, Meditation)|
|08:30 am to 09:00 am||Breakfast|
|09:30 am to 10:30 am||Karma Yoga (Selfless Service)|
|10:30 am to 12:30 am||Theory / Practical Session I|
|12:30 am to 01:00 pm||Lunch|
|01:00 pm to 03:00 pm||Resting Time / Self Study|
|03:00 pm to 04:30 pm||Theory / Practical Session II|
|04:30 pm to 06:00 pm||Yoga Practice (Asana, Pranayama, Meditation)|
|06:00 pm to 06:15 pm||Mantra Chanting|
|06.30 pm to 07:00 pm||Dinner|
|07:30 pm to 08:30 pm||Sanskrit training / Meditation / Group Discussions / Question Answer sessions / Satsangs|
|09.30 pm||Bed Time|
TEACHING METHODOLOGY & CERTIFICATION
You will be a certified through the Yoga Teacher Fellowship (YTF), but you don’t have to do this course just to teach yoga. It is a transformational experience which will enrich your life, whether you intend to teach or not. The knowledge and teachings are here to benefit you as a human being and as a yogic practitioner. A Yoga Teacher Training is a life changing experience!
Theory and practical learning throughout the residential training is accompanied by residential ashram-based yogic lifestyle. Participants are required to attend all sessions for the duration of the training.
Examination: Teaching assessment, practical yoga methodology assessment, written assignments, final exam.
Fran Siebrits is the course facilitator and main teacher, guiding your journey along the sacred transformational path of the ancient and modern yogi. Click here to know more about Fran.